- Apache Sling and how it carries out script resolution. (For this, we used my August 16 blog post as a handout.)
- Modularizing components and allowing for their reuse.
- Enabling various WCM content management tools such as CQ's Sidekick, which help web authors to create and edit web pages.
- Creating a Designer to provide a consistent look and feel to a website, and using a common CSS file.
- Creating a navigation component that to provide dynamic navigation to all pages as they are added or removed by authors.
- Adding log messages to .jsp scripts, and using the CRXDE debugger.
- Creating components to display a customizable page title, logo, breadcrumbs, and configurable paragraph.
- Creating and adding a complex component (containing text and images), to implement bespoke functionality.
- Adding a Search component. (We saw 3 different ways to do this.)
- Internationalization, so that dialogs displayed to web authors can be displayed in one of the 7 languages supported out-of-the-box by Day Communiqué.
Still to come: Creating and consuming custom OSGi bundles; workflow; and performance optimization tools.
I can't wait!