Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What has become of the old-fashioned Encyclopædia?


Photo courtesy

This bound version of Wikipedia contains only the featured articles from Wikipedia. It obviously does not encompass all of Wikipedia. If it did, it would stand as tall as . . .well, a tree.


  1. In relation to this, Wikipedia is oft maligned for the inaccuracy of its content, I wonder how the Encyclopedia Brittanica stacks up against it in terms of %errors?

  2. I'd love to have a leather-bound Wikipedia. Such a tangible paradox.

    @ Stephen Holmes: according to Nature, it averages out to 2.92 mistakes per article for Britannica and 3.86 for Wikipedia.

  3. Anonymous3:08 AM

    Hi Kas,

    I found your article searching the web.

    I would like to know where I can get the BlitsKrieg code that you named at the end of the article. You can send me more info at alexander_quinones_AT_gmx_DOT_de.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    Best wishes,



Add a comment. Registration required because trolls.