Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Possible bugs in Mozilla Jetpack?

I've noticed a couple of things that don't work in Mozilla Jetpack. One is:

var serializer = new XMLSerializer( );

This line works fine in the console -- it works in Firebug. But for some reason, in Jetpack, I get "XMLSerializer is undefined."

Fortunately, I have a workaround. The workaround is:

var serializerClass = "@mozilla.org/xmlextras/xmlserializer;1";
var serializer =
Components.classes[serializerClass];
var serializerInstance =
serializer.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIDOMSerializer);

The second thing that doesn't work for me in Jetpack is writing to a document object using document.write():

jetpack.tabs.focused.contentWindow.open(); // works
var doc = jetpack.tabs.focused.contentDocument;
// This part doesn't work:
doc.open( );
doc.write( formattedContent );
doc.close( );

It also doesn't work if I try to do
  win = jetpack.tabs.focused.contentWindow.open();
doc = win.document;
doc.open( );
// etc.

Jetpack will open() a new window in a fresh tab but won't give me a reference to the new window's document object. The window stays blank -- I can't write to it.

If anyone has a workaround to this, please let me know. It seems odd that I can't create a new page from Jetpack.

1 comment:

  1. Bid on Power Bracelet now! Find Bracelets. New Colors & Sizes. power balance wholesale Guarantee & Secure

    Ordering.Power balance USA, Canada, UK Free Shipping. Rosetta Stone allows headstones to provide genealogical and

    historical information about the deceased directly to cemetery site visitors.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment here!